This article explains how to edit a resource's details.
Go to the Admin pages, select Users in the navigation. Then, expand the Users topic heading.
Click the Edit Button
Update Resource Form
When editing a resource, it cannot be changed from a named user to a generic or vice-versa. The Display Name field cannot be modified for a named user, as it is tied to that user's Office 365 account.
- Permissions: Select the appropriate permissions level (see permission levels below). If you need a reminder, hover over the (?) button to see the permission level information.
- Department/Business Unit: Select department. Available Department choices are configured on the Fields page, in the section for resource-level fields.
- Role: Select primary role. Available Role choices are configured on the Fields page, in the section for resource-level fields.
- Manager: Begin typing the name of the manager for this user. Select the desired name.
- Timesheet Administrator: (This field only shows when the Timesheet App has been added) Select this check box if this user is a timesheet administrator.
- Timesheet Manager: (This field only shows when the Timesheet App has been added) Begin typing the name of the timesheet manager for this user. Select the desired name.
- Inactive: Select this check box to note a resource as inactive. This field is often used in conjunction with integrations. You are able to map the resource Inactive field to other systems that are integrated with OnePlan, for management of users who are no longer active. Resources who are marked as inactive will no longer show on the Resource Scheduler.
Any additional resource-level fields that have been configured on the Fields page (under the Resource heading) will show on the Resource form. Update the fields as needed.
- None - No access to OnePlan
- Team Member - can work on any plan or tasks assigned to them
- Contributor - Can create new plans
- Executive - Can view all plans (& content for those plans)
- Manager - Can view and edit all plans (& content for those plans)
- Owner - Can modify configuration (Admin); can view and edit all plans (& content for those plans)
Alternative Methods to Edit Resources
Edit Resource Form
You may also edit resources via the Resource Center page on the front end of OnePlan.
- Navigate to Resource Center.
- Click the Edit button.
- Update the resource form.
- Quantity: (Additional field available via this method only) 1 signifies 1 FTE, or one full time resource. Full time is all working hours based on the Calendar settings. .5 would signify a part time resource who is available 1/2 time. This affects the resource's capacity.
Resource Center Editable In-Line
Click on a field value in the Resource Center to edit it. If the field you want to update isn't in the view, you may Add Column to add to the view.