This article explains how to create and manage timesheet-level fields for OnePlan. This requires the app 'Time Plan' is installed.
Go to the Admin pages, select Time Plan in the navigation.
Click the + icon to add a new timesheet-level field. Complete the Add Field form.
- Field Name
- Field Type: Select from options Text, Date, Number, Currency, YesNo, Choice, User
- Choices: If choice field, enter choice options, separated by line breaks.
- Location: Select Timesheet Row or Timesheet Entry. See below for an example of each.
- Copy From: If applicable, select a task-level field to copy the value to the timesheet row. The user can then make a change to the value in the timesheet.
- Required: Select the check box if users must enter a value for every timesheet entry
- Billable Grouping: Select if this field will be used for the Total section at the top of the timesheet entry page, and for the utilization graph. For more about the billable settings: How do I manage the timesheet billable settings?
You can edit a timesheet field, but the field type and location options are not editable once you've initially created the field.
Timesheet Row Field
A Timesheet Row field shows on the left side, as a column. The value is entered once per timesheet row. If needed, an item can be added to a timesheet twice. For example, if a user is tracking time on a task for the assigned number of hours as billable, but then goes over, they can add the same task a second time and the hours for the second row can be tracked as non-billable.
Timesheet Entry Field
A Timesheet Entry field shows the field value for each timesheet entry, so values could be different for each day/entry.
It is advisable to use a single field & type for billable/chargeable. This article shows two examples - as a timesheet row field and timesheet entry field. You should choose one method or the other so as not to be confusing or cause data discrepancies.